Sunday 3 March 2013

Pursuing the Happiness

Diposkan oleh Aimee Lee di 20:09



No one could understand my life but myself. However, sometimes there are many conditions that make me cannot see into myself. At least, I always attempt to overcome those problems and get out of the circumstances that prevent me to reach my dream. Mentioning ‘dream’, my dream actually is far from the image of fairy tale daydream. My ambition is simple, but I believe it would bring happiness for me and especially my family. I do not care what people say about my dream; they say mine is humble and small because according to their perception, ‘dream’ means something related to material and seeking wealth. It is undeniable that I cannot be hypocritical that my future occupation would obtain money though it is not much. But that is not my main purpose; my aim is to seek felicity both in world and hereafter.
I am twenty year-old girl who still tries to find my own identity and goal of life. Until now, I live in achieving my dream. And through enjoying English Language, I try to pursue my aim. I am studying in big and famous university, Universitas Gadjah Mada in Yogyakarta. Many third year of senior high school students want to enter this university. Actually, I did not have any interest in UGM because, first, it was too far from my home town, and second I thought that my family could not support the fee for studying in this great college. Also, I did not have confident to be accepted because my grade and ability in my subjects could not be able to compete with other applicants. Thus, at first I gave up. Until one day, my teachers asked me to register to this university through scholarship application. Firstly, I refused, but they insisted and believed that I would be accepted. Then I did what they asked though I did not have any intentions in it. On the other hand, I had applied to another university by my own, in Malang University taking Education of English Language. I put great expectation in it because I really wanted to enter this campus. However, I got an announcement that I was accepted in UGM. I was really shocked and I realized that I should be there. Ten days after the announcement, I also got another notice that I accepted in UM. I became confused whether I should choose UGM or UM. I asked my family and they said it was up to me, and I asked my teachers and friends, they said UGM was better. Finally, I came to the decision that I should choose UGM.
I came to Jogja by knowing nothing about this city, but I gathered my confidence that I would survive. Fortunately I do not face too much trouble because I make friends and they always help me. Time goes by fast until now I have been in 6th semester and I am nearly in graduation. I should study hard and finish my study and get great grade in my graduation. This is my big step to reach my dream to be an English language teacher. I love English language and I am willing to make other people love it too. I will show them that English language is fun and becoming an English language teacher is not humble and small at all.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

Aimee Lee Note Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review