Friday 15 March 2013

Silent Complaints of a Tree

Diposkan oleh Aimee Lee di 16:22


Ainul Karomah
10/296693/SA/15131

Silent Complaints of a Tree
The rain had not long stopped. Some places were wet, especially pavements with soil on it. Although the sun was not really shiny, I sought shady spot to sit. I decided to shelter under a tree. It was not very high one, but the damp leaves made me feel fresh. The smooth wind flew among the leaves then the water dropped from those leaves and hit my face also my dress. I looked up and suddenly the tree whispered something to me. I could not hear it clearly because her voice mingled with the wind.
“Did you say something to me just now?” I asked her.
“I said I am sorry.” Finally I could hear her voice. She continued, “I make your dress wet.”
“No problem, that was not your mistake. The rain left water on you,” I convinced her not to be sorry because it was just few drops.
“That’s not rain water, it’s my tears,” she said with sobbing voice.
A tree also could cry? I never thought of it. Then I asked more to her because I was very curious, “Why are you crying?” I could feel sympathy flew in my chest.
“I am distressed.” The wind blew and the water dropped again.
“What did happen to you?” I asked while I wiped water-drop on my right cheek.
“Can’t you see it? I live among hard concrete and tall arrogant tower and buildings! I am very sick of it!” her voice thundered. She sighed sadly and then said, “My roots are hurt because this only 1 meter ground is not enough for me to grow. Meanwhile I have to spare this space with other plants. They eat my food.”
She continued her grudges, “Can’t you feel the sun is hotter recently? I can, and I have to work hard to provide more oxygen and cool this stuffy air! I am tired, but I can’t stop. Do you think you can breathe if there is no oxygen anymore?” Now she was like my biology teacher explaining about biological process and scientific thing, like global warming. “It’s not my responsibility if your lands were sunk into big floods after all ices in poles disappeared!”
Her voice was echoing in my head and slowly my tears were falling.
Still with her upset voice she asked. “Why are you crying?!”
“I am distressed,” I answered. “I feel sorry about your conditions, and it is the first time I am getting in wrong by a tree.”
Then we were silent.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

Aimee Lee Note Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review